Terms & Conditions
- Discovery Travel excludes liability for death, personal injury, and damage to, or loss of personal or other property, however caused. Cycling is a potentially dangerous activity entered into entirely at the customer’s risk, although we undertake to take all reasonable precautions to ensure customer safety and comfort.
- Both walking and cycling holidays involve a degree of physical exersion and it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that they are physically fit enough to undertake the holiday they book. If you are in any doubt please contact Discovery Travel for general advice about the holiday you plan to undertake and contact you medical practitioner for specific medical advice relating to you and the holiday you are proposing to undertake.
- We strongly recommend that you take out adequate holiday insurance to cover you against cancellation, injury or loss. Such insurance is not included in the cost of your holiday.
- We reserve the right to cancel any holiday for whatever reason at any time and in such an event our maximum liability will be the cost of the holiday cancelled.
- Where a holiday has to be cancelled in whole or in part as a result of events beyond our control (such as bad weather or cancelled flights) we accept no responsibility for the resulting loss to the client and no refund will be payable.
- Whilst every effort will be made to provide holidays as described on our website, we reserve the right to vary routes and accommodation etc. In this event, we will endeavour to provide facilities of a similar quality.
- The customer will be liable for the cost of damage to any equipment provided by Discovery Travel, which is not the result of reasonable wear and tear.
- If a helmet is provided on one of our cycling holidays, we recommend that you wear it, and if not provided we recommend that you bring your own helmet and wear it during the ride.
- We accept no responsibility for customers’ cars wherever they may be parked during the course of a holiday.
- We accept no liability for damage to customers’ own bicycles, luggage or other equipment they may bring on a Discovery Travel holiday howsoever this damage is caused.
- Where train tickets are booked or cars hired by us for customers, this is done subject to the carrier’s/hirer’s terms and conditions and we accept no liability for their failure to provide the contracted services.
- All bookings made, are accepted by both parties, as subject to the terms laid out in these conditions.
- These terms and conditions shall form a contract subject only to English Law and any disputes shall be settled only in English courts and tribunals.
- Except in the case of death and personal injury, any claim against Discovery Travel, its partners or employees shall be limited to a maximum of the amount paid by the claimant for his/her individual holiday.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held void, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provision hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been agreed with the void provisions eliminated. In the event of a holding of unenforceability so fundamental as to prevent the accomplishment for the purpose of the agreement, the parties shall immediately commence good faith negotiations to remedy such unenforceability.
- A deposit of 20% of the total cost of the holiday is payable on booking. Please note that this does NOT confirm your booking as we still have to book your accommodation etc. However, in the unlikely event that we cannot confirm your booking the deposit will be refunded as soon as possible. Once we confirm your booking the deposit is non-refundable.
- The outstanding amount is payable 6 weeks prior to commencement of your holiday. Should you cancel your holiday after this date there will be no refund unless we can fill the vacancy created, in which case a £50 administrative charge will be levied in addition to your deposit.
- Where a client requests a change to their itinerary after making a booking this will incur an administrative fee of £50.00.
Method of payment
- By cheque. Please make cheques, crossed ‘account payee’, payable to ‘Discovery Travel’.
- By credit/debit card online. Payments to Discovery Travel are powered by WorldPay. We accept payments in British Pounds Sterling only, using the following cards:
Supplements and Reductions
- Children (16 years and under). There is a 20% reduction for all children sharing a family room with 2 adults paying the full brochure price.
- A reduction of £30 per person is given on all seven day cycling holidays and of £20 on shorter breaks if you bring your own bicycle.
- There is a single person supplement of £25 per person per night for hotel holidays and £15 per person per night for B&B holidays.
- Where rail travel, car hire or additional accommodation is arranged by us, an administration fee of £10 per booking will be charged.